RO-ELF
RATING 4.6 1006 USER VOTES Better Reticle Size (RDDT Warpack) Steam-10 Recomandare

• Citeste regulament-ul
• Daca ai probleme la inregistrare anunta problemele forumului
• Urmeaza tutorialele pentru incepatori !
Regulament | Probleme | Tutoriale
RATING 4.6 1006 USER VOTES Better Reticle Size (RDDT Warpack) Inregi10 Bine Ai Venit !

• Te rugam sa te inregistrezi !
• Inregistrarea este complet gratuita
• Nu dureaza mult
• Si se aciveaza pe loc

Iregistrare

Comunitatea Asasini

ro-mn.4rumer.com

Atentie!: Cei fara mesaje pe site DELETE.
Recrutez membri pentru clan si moderatori la majoritatea sectiunilor.

Alăturați-vă forumului, este rapid și ușor

RO-ELF
RATING 4.6 1006 USER VOTES Better Reticle Size (RDDT Warpack) Steam-10 Recomandare

• Citeste regulament-ul
• Daca ai probleme la inregistrare anunta problemele forumului
• Urmeaza tutorialele pentru incepatori !
Regulament | Probleme | Tutoriale
RATING 4.6 1006 USER VOTES Better Reticle Size (RDDT Warpack) Inregi10 Bine Ai Venit !

• Te rugam sa te inregistrezi !
• Inregistrarea este complet gratuita
• Nu dureaza mult
• Si se aciveaza pe loc

Iregistrare

Comunitatea Asasini

ro-mn.4rumer.com

Atentie!: Cei fara mesaje pe site DELETE.
Recrutez membri pentru clan si moderatori la majoritatea sectiunilor.
RO-ELF
Doriți să reacționați la acest mesaj? Creați un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectați-vă pentru a continua.

RATING 4.6 1006 USER VOTES Better Reticle Size (RDDT Warpack)

In jos

RATING 4.6 1006 USER VOTES Better Reticle Size (RDDT Warpack) Empty RATING 4.6 1006 USER VOTES Better Reticle Size (RDDT Warpack)

Mesaj  dany Dum Feb 26 2023, 20:17

[size=44]Better Reticle Size (RDDT Warpack)
CATEGORIES:
CROSSHAIRS

USER INTERFACE

UPLOADED BY:
Jak_Atackka

[/size]
DOWNLOAD MOD (4.1 KB)
[size]
DOWNLOADS: 140 K
MOD VERSION: 0.1
GAME VERSION: 1.19.1.0
ADDED: JAN, 28
REVIEWED
Better Reticle Size (RDDT Warpack)
MOD VERSION: 0.1
ADDED: JAN, 28
GAME VERSION: 1.19.1.0

[/size]
DOWNLOAD MOD (4.1 KB)

To follow updates or report a problem, please log in.

MOD DESCRIPTION

[size]
(The RDDT Warpack name is a joke, this isn't actually Warpack)
Credit belongs to Tankista1 on Discord for sharing this information with me, as well as StranikS_Scan and others who discovered this years ago. Somehow, this information never spread outside of RU; I created this mod and this Reddit post to share this knowledge with a broader audience.
Many players have developed a sense for firing before the gun is fully aimed, because they know the shot will (likely) still hit. There's a good reason for this. A little-known quirk is that the reticle size does not match the shell distribution. In fact, even when fully aimed, shots only land in a small inner part of the reticle:
RATING 4.6 1006 USER VOTES Better Reticle Size (RDDT Warpack) 509cbbaa-6257-44df-863d-62bebba49115Credit to okipiotrek for sharing this image. Source
I tested this and measured that the radius of the in-game reticle is 71% larger than the actual shot distribution. Interestingly, the overhead SPG reticle is correctly sized; it's the other reticles which are too big.
RATING 4.6 1006 USER VOTES Better Reticle Size (RDDT Warpack) 0ff69834-82a2-45f7-a6e7-9034af7be576Left: M53/M55 with 0.5799 accuracy; the SPG reticle is the correct size.
Center: Renault FT with 0.5800 accuracy; the reticle is much larger than the one on the left.
Right: The same Renault FT, but with this mod installed. The reticle is now the correct size.
Fixing this has a surprisingly big affect on how the game feels. There are some things it won't fix:
[/size]
  • Lag
  • Bad aim
  • Bad RNG - shots can still bounce or miss

[size]
RATING 4.6 1006 USER VOTES Better Reticle Size (RDDT Warpack) 5562c8bf-d70a-47bc-99e2-1f25e15ad13fYou'll still probably bounce or miss.
[/size]

HOW DOES THIS INFORMATION HELP ME?

[size]
Knowing the true area where shots will land is most useful in two situations:
Guaranteeing the hit on a partially aimed shot. Sometimes, you'll end up in a duel where the enemy will reload at any moment and you will lose if you miss the next shot. Other times, you can quickly poke and shoot a distracted opponent, but if you are exposed for too long you risk getting shot in return. In both cases, you want to shoot the moment a hit is guaranteed and not a moment longer.
With a lot of practice, you can get a good feel for this with the default reticle, but this mod makes finding the right timing much easier.
Knowing the true probability of hitting a shot. I bet there are many, many shots you chose not to take because you assumed they were unlikely to hit. You'll be surprised to see just how many damage opportunities you've missed out on.
[/size]

DO I NEED TO USE SERVER RETICLE?

[size]
Nope! This mod works fine with and without server reticle. You may see some shots land slightly outside the reticle if you don't use server reticle, but that's only because of latency.
[/size]

I TRIED THE MOD AND DON'T SEE A DIFFERENCE. WHAT GIVES?

[size]
Try zooming in. You may have never noticed this, but the aiming circle has a minimum and maximum size that can be displayed. My mod doesn't change this behavior (yet).
If you're only comparing fully-aimed accuracy, you will have to zoom in to 2x to 4x to see the difference.
[/size]

IS THIS COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER RETICLE MODS?

[size]
It's compatible with most reticle mods, but if you run into any issues, let me know!
[/size]

INSTALLATION

[size]
Place the .wotmod file inside the "World of Tanks/mods/1.19.1.0/" folder. 
COMMENTS:
To leave a comment, please log in.[/size]
dany
dany
Gl.Moderator
Gl.Moderator

Data de inscriere : 15/01/2009
Varsta : 34
Localizare : Baia Mare

https://asasini.forum.st

Sus In jos

Sus